By Sean Brijbasi, UK (Published in Issue 11)
1. I joined a cult in Amsterdam because they did laundry.
2. An Irish girl named Jackie slapped me because I told her she had a spunky face. We were in a bar in Ulan Bator.
3. I visited a friend in Montreal who kicked me out of her house because I didn’t love God.
4. My girlfriend left a note on our hotel bed to tell me she’d be right back.
5. I called my mother from a Berlin jail and told her I was dead.
6. I’m French.
7. I met a Spanish girl named Carmen in Tivoli who was a fashion photographer. I slept with her at the same time her fiancé was taking a train to meet her later that night. He called her while we were in bed but she didn’t answer her phone.
8. I’ve written 76 poems about construction cranes.
9. I graduated Summa Cum Laude from Yale but I changed my name.
10. My name is Sean.
11. Two Russian girls cut my hair on the banks of the Tauber.
12. While in Calais, I broke into a car to sleep. The next day I woke up in the car, which was on a train, which was being carried by a boat across the English Channel.
13. I have 12 fingers.
14. When I was 8 I had a dream that I could play the piano.
15. I am aroused by earthquakes.
16. I crawled until I was 4 years old.
17. At a hotel in Paris I would wake up earlier than all the other guests and steal the croissants that room service left for them by their doors.
18. I took a vow of silence and said nothing for 183 days. The first word I said after all that time was ‘residue’.
19. I can drive a train.
20. I was an unpaid extra in the German remake of the British movie ‘The American Soap Queen’. I botched my line and was deleted from the scene.
21. I have a twin brother who had plastic surgery on his 21st birthday.
22. I was on board a submarine when a fistfight broke out and eighty men were killed.
23. Given the amount of time it takes for me to approximate distance, I nevertheless always arrive on time.
24. The first word I misspelled was science.
25. I think about breathing.
26. I draw three-dimensional pictures of people and leave them about.
27. When I was a child I did mannish things.
28. I am lost in a labyrinth, in which I tear minotaurs to pieces.
29. I have abnormal blood.
30. My heart has never been broken.
31. The first book I read all the way to the end was Crime and Punishment.
32. I have been cut open.
33. There are people in my life.
34. I remember being born.
35. I mean you no harm.
BIO: Discarded moments. Unfinished gestures. Lived [not lived] in London. Resident of Sweden [no more]. Lives in Washington DC [near]. In East Berlin before the wall fell. In Russia before glasnost. Jazz in Copenhagen. Switchblade in Paris. Lost in Helsinki. Bar fight in Auckland. Awake for 3 straight days in Reykjavik. Bored in Brussels. Green light in Amsterdam. Red light in Hamburg. And more... http://www.seanbrijbasi.com/
If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.